At Aspen Valley Counseling, we offer competitive pricing options to help you get the most out of your time with us.
- Therapy session: $90
- Neurofeedback therapy sessions: $50 per session for 20 sessions (call for payment plans and discounts available)
- QEEG brain mapping: $550
Patients will be responsible for the co-payment of their appointment at the time of service. We accept Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, EMI, and out-of-network benefits with DMBA ($20 to $25 co-pay). Please call us if you have any questions about how insurance payments work.
- Therapy intakes: $165
- Individual therapy session (including CBT): $120
- Couples & family therapy: $120
- Trauma therapy treatment (EMDR & DBT): $120
- Neurofeedback therapy: Call your insurance company to check on coverage (see FAQ below)
- QEEG brain mapping: Call your insurance company to check on coverage (see FAQ below)
Counseling requires all clients to pay for their appointment at the time of service. For your convenience we will keep your credit card on file and automatically charge it for your appointment. All missed appointments or appointments cancelled within 24 hours will automatically be charged a $25 missed appointment fee.
Does insurance cover QEEG brain mapping or neurofeedback?
Most insurance companies do not cover brain mapping or neurofeedback; however, there are some plans that might. To figure out if your plan covers neurofeedback, call the number on the back on your insurance card and ask them if your insurance plan covers service code 90901 (for a biofeedback session) or any of the services codes below (for QEEG brain mapping or biofeedback). If they say yes, then ask if it’s covered when administered by a CMHC and how much the insurance company will cover. Please write down this information and bring it to your first appointment at Aspen Valley Counseling.
If your insurance company requires pre-authorization for biofeedback/neurofeedback services, they will likely ask why you are seeking treatment and ask what treatments you’ve tried that haven’t worked.
Sometimes insurance companies will cover neurofeedback if you’re seeking treatment for a TBI (traumatic brain injury) or auto or sports injury. Please call your insurance company to see if they will cover your neurofeedback treatment for these circumstances.
Are there other service codes that my insurance might cover for QEEG brain mapping or neurofeedback?
You can ask your insurance company if the cover any of the following codes:
- Service code 95816: Routine Electroencephalography (EEG) Procedures
- Service code 95816–26: interpretation only for routine EEG
- Service code 95957: digital analysis of electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Service code 95957–26: interpretation only for digital analysis
- Service code 96152: Health and Behavioral Intervention incorporating Biofeedback
- Service code 90876: Individual Psychophysiological Therapy incorporating Biofeedback
- Service code 95830: Digital EEG recording
- Service code 95957: Digital EEG analysis
Can you provide me with a superbill for my QEEG brain mapping and neurofeedback?
Yes. We can provide you with a superbill, which is a special receipt that includes the service codes so you can request reimbursement from your insurance company. You’ll then send your superbill to your insurance company, and they will determine whether or not to reimburse you.
Can I use my HSA card for QEEG brain mapping and neurofeedback?
Maybe. Some HSA card plans will let you use your HSA card for neurofeedback treatments, while others will not or will require authorization. Some HSA cards will cover neurofeedback treatments if it’s medically necessary, or if it’s prescribed by a doctor (requiring a letter of medical necessity), or it’s it performed by a qualified medical practitioner. Call your plan and double check if you can use your HSA for neurofeedback treatment.